France is truly unrivalled when it comes to looking after racehorse owners and reinvesting in our sport. The schemes in place assure that it is possible to for you to have an enjoyable experience of racehorse ownership, as well as maximising your possibilities to make a profit.
- France has the highest prize money in Europe, a total of €116million for flat races alone and an average purse of more than €25,000.
- Over 250 racecourses ensuring huge variety to give your horse the perfect race conditions.
- Generous owners premiums if horses are french bred in order to encourage breeding in France – given at a rate of 64% of the prize money of the race.
- All registered owners gain free entry to race meetings at all levels, from small local tracks up to the prestigious Arc de Triomphe weekend.
- Subsidised horse transport to the races.
- No entry fees except to races of Listed or Group status.
- Easy access to race programs in Italy, Switzerland, Austria and Germany.
- Massive investment in the sport, largely down to the country having one bookmaker – Over €280 million redistributed annually.
- Easy access to training centres and city racecourses – Chantilly is just half an hour away from the major Parisian airport Charles De Gaulle.